SCAI Fellows Courses
SCAI's Fellows Courses teach future generations of interventional cardiologists the knowledge and skills they need for post-fellowship practice.
Join Getinge for a Dinner Program
IABP Decoded: Myths, Management, and Troubleshooting Strategies
Monday, December 4th
Time: 4:50 PM-6:50 PM EST
Location: North Hall, Lobby Level
During this session, our experts debunk common myths and reveal the critical role of counterpulsation in cardiac care. Gain essential knowledge about managing IABP, including expert tips for troubleshooting potential issues and seamlessly transitioning patients from support.
- Identify and debunk at least three common myths related to IABP therapy, along with their clinical relevance.
- Understand how to assess and monitor patients receiving IABP support effectively.
- Recognize common IABP alarms and messages and learn effective troubleshooting strategies for prompt resolution.
- Gain a clear understanding of the readiness criteria and methods for optimal weaning from IABP support.
- Arnold H. Seto, MD, MPA, FSCAI
- Mohammad M. Ansari, MD, FSCAI
- Anna Bortnick, MD, PhD, MSc, FAHA, FACC, FSCAI
- John C. Messenger, MD, FACC, FSCAI