Getinge Group Q1 Report 2011
Reporting period January – March
- Orders received declined by 6.0% to SEK 5,241 M (5,576), and grew organically by 1.1%
- Net sales declined by 3.9% to SEK 4,671 M (4,863), and grew organically by 3.2%
- Profit before tax rose by 3.1% to SEK 568 M (551)
- Net profit increased by 5.0% to SEK 420 M (400)
- Earnings per share increased by 4.0% to SEK 1.75 (1.68)
- Continued favourable earnings outlook for 2011
First quarter 2011
The Group’s organic orders received increased by 1.1% during the quarter. During the first quarter of the preceding year, a large order was registered for ventilators to Brazil for approximately SEK 250 M in Medical Systems. Adjusted for this order, the organic orders received amounted to slightly less than 6% for the period.
For Medical Systems, orders received declined organically by 2.0% as a result of the aforementioned order. For Extended Care and Infection Control, the organic orders received improved 1.7% and 7.4%, respectively.
From a geographic perspective, the Group's orders received developed according to plan although the Group's business areas exhibited some variation. Demand in Western Europe was unchanged compared with the year-earlier quarter while growth in North America was strong. Orders received in the emerging markets remained very favourable, taking the aforementioned Brazil order into account.
Box 69, SE-305 05 Getinge, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)10-335 00 00. Fax: +46 (0)35-549 52
Corp. Reg. No: 556408-5032
The information given here is information that Getinge AB is obligated to publish under the Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.