Interim report January – September 2011
Reporting period January – September
- Orders received declined by 4.6% to SEK 15,579 M (16,331), and grew organically by 3.8%
- Net sales declined by 6.6% to SEK 14,500 M (15,531), and grew organically by 1.7%
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK 1,913 M (1,912)
- Net profit increased by 2.2% to SEK 1,416 M (1,386)
- Earnings per share increased by 2.0% to SEK 5.92 (5.80)
Reporting period July – September
- Orders received grew organically during the quarter by 7.1%
- Acquisition of Atrium Medical in the U.S. strengthens Getinge in the cardiovascular market
- Earnings outlook remains favourable for 2011
Third quarter 2011
The Group’s orders received continued to improve and grew organically by a strong 7.1% during the quarter. All business areas reported favourable order growth.
Medical Systems’ orders received grew organically by 8.2% and of the business area’s divisions reported improvements.
Extended Care bolstered its orders received organically by 4.6% and the corresponding increase for Infection Control was 7.8%.
From a geographic perspective and for the Group as a whole, the trend for orders received proceeded according to plan with continued highly robust growth in markets outside North America and Western Europe.
Orders received in North America were at a solid level, while the trend in Europe was positive albeit more modest.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander
20 October 2011 at 10:00 a.m.
Sweden: +46 8 505 597 72 (always use the area code)
UK: + 44 207 108 6303
The information is such that Getinge AB must disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.