Interim report January - September 2012
Reporting period January – September
- Orders received rose by 14.0% to SEK 17,767 M (15,579), and
grew organically by 4.3%
- Net sales increased by 13.3% to SEK 16,433 M (14,500), and
grew organically by 3.2%
- Profit before tax rose by 4.0% to SEK 1,989 M (1,913)
- Net profit increased by 4.0% to SEK 1,472 M (1,416)
- Earnings per share increased by 3.9% to SEK 6.15 (5.92)
- EBITA before restructuring rose by 9.7% to SEK 2,906 M (2,650)
Reporting period July - September
- Orders received rose by 10.8% to SEK 5,742 M (5,184), and grew organically by 3.6%.
- EBITA before restructuring rose by 12.4% to SEK 1,033 M (919).
- Acquisition of US-based company TSS provides world-leading position in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers
- Continued favourable earnings outlook for 2012
Third quarter 2012
The trend during the quarter was largely in line with expectations and the Group’s growth and earnings outlook remains positive.
The Group’s orders received grew organically by 3.6% during the quarter. The order trend was in line with expectations and must be compared with the year-earlier period when orders received increased organically by a healthy 7.1%. For the Group as a whole, orders received improved in North America, while orders received in Western Europe were weaker. In the increasingly important markets outside Western Europe and North America, the trend remained highly favourable. For Medical Systems, orders received rose organically by a solid 8.5%. Infection Control’s orders received performed as planned, rising by 2.3% compared with a very solid year-earlier period. For Extended Care, which fell short of expectations, orders received declined by slightly more than 4%, primarily due to a continued weak trend in North America.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander
17 October 2012 at 3:00 p.m. Swedish time
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 5876 9446
UK: +44 (0) 20 3106 4822
US: +1 646 254 3366
GETINGE GROUP is a leading global provider of products and systems that contribute to quality enhancement and cost efficiency within healthcare and life sciences. We operate under the three brands of ArjoHuntleigh, GETINGE and MAQUET. ArjoHuntleigh focuses on patient mobility and wound management solutions. GETINGE provides solutions for infection control within healthcare and contamination prevention within life sciences. MAQUET specializes in solutions, therapies and products for surgical interventions, interventional cardiology and intensive care.
The information is such that Getinge AB must disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.