Getinge Group Interim Report January - June 2013
Reporting period January – June
- Order intake rose by 3.8% to SEK 12,483 M (12,025), and grew organically by 3.7%
- Net sales increased by 7.6% to SEK 11,680 M (10,858), and grew organically by 7.0%
- Profit before tax was SEK 878 M (1,285)
- Net profit totalled SEK 641 M (951)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.67 (3.98)
- EBITA before restructuring declined by 4.1% to SEK 1,797 M (1,873).
Adjusted for exchange-rate effects and the tax on medical-technical products introduced in the US, EBITA rose by 9.7%
Reporting period April – June
- Order intake rose by 4.6% to SEK 6,515 M (6,230), and grew organically by 5.4%
- Net sales increased by 7.2% to SEK 6,015 M (5,612), and grew organically by 7.3%
- Profit before tax was SEK 626 M (716).
- EBITA before restructuring declined by 1.5% to SEK 1,004 M (1,019).
Adjusted for exchange-rate effects and the tax on medical-technical products introduced in the US, EBITA rose by 10.9%
Second quarter 2013
Order intake improved during the period and the potential for the Group to achieve an organic growth exceeding that of the preceding year has increased. Although the product and market mix were challenging during the quarter, when adjusted for the negative exchange-rate fluctuations and the recently introduced tax on medical-technical products in the US, operating profit improved to a satisfactory degree.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander
11 July 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Swedish time
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 5065 3937
UK: +44 (0) 20 3427 1910
GETINGE GROUP is a leading global provider of products and systems that contribute to quality enhancement and cost efficiency within healthcare and life sciences. We operate under the three brands of ArjoHuntleigh, GETINGE and MAQUET. ArjoHuntleigh focuses on patient mobility and wound management solutions. GETINGE provides solutions for infection control within healthcare and contamination prevention within life sciences. MAQUET specializes in solutions, therapies and products for surgical interventions, interventional cardiology and intensive care.
The information is such that Getinge AB must disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.