PRESS RELEASE 2014-04-16
Getinge Group Interim Report January - March 2014
Reporting period January – March
- Order intake increased 0.2% to SEK 5,977 M (5,968), and grew 0.3% organically.
- Net sales declined 0.6% to SEK 5,632 M (5,664), and fell 0.4% organically.
- The result before tax declined to a loss of SEK 452 M (252). Adjusted for the provision of SEK 799 M for consulting efforts to strengthen the quality management system within Medical Systems, profit before tax rose 37.7% to SEK 347 M.
- The net profit declined to a loss of SEK 330 M (148). Adjusted for the provision of SEK 799 M for consulting efforts to strengthen the quality management system within Medical Systems, net profit increased 70.9 % to SEK 253 M.
- Earnings per share were a negative SEK 1.39 (0.76).
- EBITA before restructuring costs declined 15.4% to SEK 670 M (792).
First quarter of 2014
The Group’s order intake grew 0.3% organically during the first quarter of the year. The order intake for Medical Systems, which reported a highly satisfactory order intake in the year-earlier period, declined organically by 3.4%. Adjusted for delivery disruptions that impacted the Cardiovascular division during the quarter and were previously announced, the order intake for Medical Systems increased marginally. The order intake for Extended Care increased 0.9% organically compared with a weak year-earlier period and the order intake for Infection Control amounted to 8.9% organically.
The increase in demand in Western Europe noted during the latter part of last year was confirmed by the order intake for the first quarter, which rose 5% organically. In the North American market, the organic order intake increased 1.0%. Most of the delivery disruptions that impacted Medical Systems pertained to the North American market. With respect to the order intake for markets outside North America and Western Europe, the trend for the period was weak, particularly in the BRIC countries.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander
April 16, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. Swedish time
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 5033 6538
UK: +44 (0) 20 3427 1906
US: +1 212 444 0481
Code: 53 86 501