Wilen/Sarnen, Switzerland October 23 - October 24, 2020
All masterclasses will be performed under close supervision of esteemed surgeons using lifelike pulsatile models which are also used for UEMS exams.
Open AAA Faculty
Prof. Xavier Berard - Bordeaux/France
Prof. Jürg Schmidli - Bern/Switzerland
Date: October 23 - October 24, 2020
City: Wilen/Sarnen, Switzerland
Venue: Vascular International Training Center
For registration please contact your local Getinge representative.
Open AAA masterclass
The Open AAA surgery course is designed for advanced vascular surgery trainees and young vascular surgeons. This unique course combines theoretical knowledge and excellent hands-on experience on pulsatile lifelike models to perform open aortic reconstruction and renal stenting in complex aortic cases.
Day 1 – October 23, 2020
- 12:30-13:30: Welcome & lunch
- 13:30-14:00: Introduction
- 14:00-15:00: Presentation and case discussions on open AAA
- 15:00-18:0: Hands-on simulation training on open infrarenal AAA repair
- 19:00: Dinner
Day 2 – October 24, 2020
- 08:00-09:00: Presentation and case discussions
- 09:00-12:30: Hands-on simulation training on renal stenting in complex aortic cases
- 12:30-13:30: Lunch