Medical staff in today’s hospitals are facing stressful situations and complex tasks every day. With this in mind, we developed the solutions that allow for enhanced workspace organization, contributing to better patient care and improved patient safety.
They are designed to help optimize time spent on each patient by healthcare professionals, thus reducing overall operating costs. Our Mauqet Modutec portfolio has focused its efforts in this direction through the development of Mauqet Modutec, taking into account a number ofessential requirements:
Hygienic and Safe
Smooth and easy-to-clean surfaces, no exposed tracks in panels and rounded corners have been specifically implemented into the design for the hospital environment. Further, the electro-pneumatic brake allows the pendant to be easily maneuvered, while remaining stable.
Ergonomic and user-friendly
The motorized pendant, Maquet Modutec Power, and M-Lifting are height adjustable to suit every surgeon’s height requirements. Reliable and cost-effective: The height-adjustable Maquet PLG pendant combined with floor-bound machines, is an economical solution for anesthesia or operating needs.
Flexible and Customizable
Thanks to the versatile arms and distribution modules, the pendant configurations can accommodate any room size, eight and surgery type, whether it is open surgery or Minimally Invasive Surgery. In addition, an array of accessories are easy to set up and fosters operational flexibility.
The light motorized ceiling supply unit.
M-Carrier, the light motorized ceiling supply unit by Maquet, enhances the workflow in the operating room and ICU.
Versatile workplace applications:
- In the OR, M-Carrier can be used as surgical pendant and monitor/flat screen holder, offering ergonomic comparisons of screen content.
- In the ICU, M-Carrier can be used for the dry side arrangement of ventilators, patient monitors, and HIS flat screens for space-saving operations at a suitable height.
Quick and easy height adjustment:
- 565-700 mm (22-28 in) vertical movement range.
The infusion transfer solution, excels as flexible, effortless, stable and transferable system
M-Shift, the infusion transfer solution from Maquet, excels as flexible, effortless, stable and transferable system. Transferring the patient's complete infusion system will take less than a minute, optimizing the workflow in the critical care environment and liberating nurses from heavy workload.
M-Shift stands for no compromise in IV therapy, even during patient transport.
- 110 lbs (50 kg) enables maximized equipment accessibility, even for the most critically ill patient.
- M-Shift also enables full access to the patient's head for emergency access.
- M-Shift facilitates the task of carrying and transferring pumps instead of manually repositioning them or placing them around bed.
- Adjustable dual poles for accommodating IV pumps of different sizes.
- Small footprint for improved elevator access and mobility.
- Easily adapts to existing ICU or OR beds (Hill-Rom TotalCare; Stryker Zoom; ArjoHuntleigh Enterprise) and MAQUET pendant handles.
- Transfers IV equipment in seconds with no lifting required.
- Safe and fast infusion systems transfer with only one person.
- Saves time, improves user and patient safety while improving efficiencies for staff.
- IV therapies can be continued throughout patient transfer.
Report by clinical nurse Carmel Zucak
The ICU at Nepean Hospital Department in Penrith, Australia, was equipped with M-Shift and Modutec ceiling supply units. The unit conducted a three-month study on the changes associated with the M-Shift system, and how those changes affected the amount of nursing time needed for patient transfers. The nurses recorded the data, starting with the time they were told to bring a patient to the CT/MRT.
The mean nursing time taken to prepare infusions for transfer was 32.5 minutes with a range of 4 to 110 minutes. In a simulated environment the time to transfer infusions from the pendant to the bed using the M-Shift could be reduced significantly.
The introduction of M-Shift also eliminated the need to lift heavy pumps, reducing occupational health and safety issues for the hospital.
Nursing staff had positive opinions about the change to M-Shift.
"Higher staff satisfaction with interdepartmental transfer facilitated by M-Shift."
"First positive signs indicate that personnel are very satisfied with the change. No more pumps need to be used, which relieves staff from heavy workloads."
The reliable partner for an efficient, fast and safe patient transport
The M-Shift system is the reliable partner for an efficient, fast and safe patient transport. With the M-Shift Trolley, these benefits can be taken to areas in the hospital where an ICU bed can't go (e.g. examination rooms).
It accommodates a complete IV set-up when particular ICU beds do not fit the solution. Even without a Maquet Ceiling Supply Unit, M-Shift can now enhance the workflow at the patient side. The M-Shift Trolley enables use of the system's main unit anytime and everywhere.
High loading capacity
- It can easily carry up to 80 kg (176 lbs).
- Standard rails for additional accessories or basket to carry multiple power sockets for pumps.
- Cable management solution.
- The trolley has 4 multidirectional wheels with 4 independent brakes. The 4th wheel has an additional function to set the direction.
- Big wheels for smooth driving over obstacles or elevator gaps.
- Bumpers on the chassis for equipment protection.
- Height adjustable handle: the handle can be folded away or adjusted to acomfortable position during transport and to fit to different user heights.
- Shape and size of the base allows the caregiver to walk comfortably with the trolley.
Specifically designed for one or two recovery beds
The fixed column is specifically designed for one or two recovery beds. Equipment can be easily positioned between 40 and 170 cm (15.7 to 66.9 in); flow meters for fluid intakes can be positioned without offset for easy integration.
A height adjustable supporting shelf can hold up to 80 kg (176 lbs) with the option of fitting drawer unit (capacity: two drawers). The monitor support arms are fixed in the center or on each side of the column. A separating curtain designed for medical use can be attached to the center of the column.
The most advanced ceiling supply unit, lifting anesthesia machines and the MIS trolley
M-Lifting is the most advanced ceiling supply unit of its kind, lifting anesthesia machines and the MIS trolley to provide both staff and patients with a more aesthetic and ergonomic clinical experience.
Two sensor systems with the unique emergency stop, safeguarding the docking and lifting of your equipment with a double level of security.
Lift your anesthesia machine or Minimally Invasive Surgical trolley vertically (range of up to 400 mm (15.8 in) without creating unwanted horizontal movement, avoiding unnecessary re-adjustment.
Optimize your clinical work environment: the extremely rigid arm combines with the compact design of the distribution modules and complete integration of gas, electrical sockets and communication ports.