Wilen/Sarnen, Switzerland 13 mars - 14 mars, 2020
All masterclasses will be performed under close supervision of esteemed surgeons using lifelike pulsatile models which are also used for UEMS exams.
Vascular Access Faculty
Mr. James Gilbert - Oxford/UK
Datum: 13 mars - 14 mars, 2020
Stad: Wilen/Sarnen, Switzerland
Plats: Vascular International Training Center
For registration please contact your local Getinge representative.
Vascular Access masterclass
The Vascular Access Course addresses the needs of both novice and experienced vascular and general surgeons. The aim of the course is to provide participants with the knowledge and technical skills for vascular access surgery (VAS) for dialysis. Course offers excellent hands-on sessions of arterio-venous fistulas (AVF) and to place arterio-venous grafts (AVG) in a safe manner for long lasting vascular accesses.
Day 1 – March 13, 2020
- 12:30-13:30: Welcome & lunch
- 13:30-14:00: Introduction
- 14:00-15:00: Presentation and case discussions
- 15:00-18:00: Hands-on simulation: Principles of creation of vascular anastomoses Brachio-cephalic AVF creation, Cimino and snuff box AVF creation
- 19:00: Dinner
Day 2 – March 14, 2020
- 08:00-09:00: Presentation and case discussions
- 09:00-12:30: Hands-on simulation: Placement of forearm and upper arm straight and loop AVG
- 12:30-13:30: Lunch