1. We respect your privacy
We would like to inform you about our processing of your personal information in connection with job applications (“Services”). Getinge USA Sales LLC, with address at One Geoffrey Way, Wayne, NJ, Unites States ("Getinge" or “we”) is processing your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
The protection of your personal information is of great importance to Getinge. Getinge will always process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact Getinge’s data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What personal information do we collect?
Getinge will collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information (name, address, country of residence, email address, telephone number, or other contact information you provide us with) and contact preferences;
- Social security number;
- Information contained in your CV or cover letter (such as previous work experience, education or other information you provide for our consideration);
- Type of employment sought, desired salary and currency, willingness to relocate or other job preferences;
- AKA names;
- If you are legally authorized to work in the country you are applying for;
- If you are a former employee and/or if your family member(s) work for Getinge;
- If you have a current non-competition agreement;
- Chosen profile visibility;
- Opt in status for SMS and email;
- In some cases, outcome of HR personality assessments or testing for specific roles, including testing of language skills;
- Names and contact information for referrals;
- How you heard about the position;
- Voluntary self-identification (e.g. for disabilities, race ethnicity and veteran status); and
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
3. Purposes of the processing
Getinge processes your personal information for the purposes specified below.
- To assess your application for employment at Getinge (or any affiliated Getinge entity);
- To demonstrate Getinge’s compliance with applicable US laws and regulations;
- To verify your information, conduct reference checks and in some cases background checks;
- To communicate, share opportunities and network with you; and
- To inform you of further career opportunities.
If you accept employment with Getinge (or an affiliated Getinge entity), the information collected will, if necessary, become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
Getinge may also, if necessary, process personal information as appropriate for the establishment, exercise and/or defense of legal claims. In such case, the data will be kept until the legal claim is finally settled and thereafter for the statute of limitations period.
4. For how long will we keep your personal information?
Your personal information is stored in our applicant’s data base for two (2) years as from your most recent use of our Services. You can access your personal information, correct it or delete it at any time.
5. From where is your personal information collected?
Your personal information is collected directly from you. In the last stage of the recruitment process, if an offer has been accepted, some positions may require a background check performed by our background check provider. If you disclose any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with our Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
6. With whom does Getinge share your personal information?
In order to fulfill the purposes of the processing, Getinge may share your personal information with the following recipients:
- “” We may share your personal information with other Getinge entities in the US, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- “Service Providers.” We may share your personal information with our trusted third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us, such as candidate platform services, background checks, e-mail delivery and other services.
Your personal information may also be shared with courts and legal authorities as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so.
Getinge may use and disclose your personal information as necessary or appropriate in connection with a sale or business transaction, including any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
7. Will Getinge transfer your personal information across borders?
By using our Services you understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection laws and regulations that are different from those of your country.
8. Your rights
We give you choices regarding our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails from us by (i) changing your settings in your candidate profile; and/or (ii) clicking the opt-out link in marketing related emails. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
You may ask questions about how your personal information is processed and make requests by using the Data Subject request form. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that Getinge will assess in each single case if a request is valid. We may need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes.
9. Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including from:
- Your browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify use in accordance with the “We respect your privacy” section above.
11. Third Party services
This notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which we link. The inclusion of a link on our services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of any other organization, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer.
12. Use of Services by Minors
Our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
13. Sensitive Data
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through our Services or otherwise to us.
14. Updates to this Privacy Notice
The “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. We retain the right to modify, change or update this Privacy Notice at any time. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on our Services.
15. Additional Information Regarding Nevada
We do not sell Nevada residents’ Covered Information, as defined under Nevada law. If you are a Nevada resident and have any questions, please contact us by using the Data Subject request form.
16. Additional Information Regarding California
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), this Privacy Notice provides California residents with a description of our online and offline practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Information. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be associated or linked with a particular California resident or household.
Collection, Disclosure of Personal Information
The following chart details the categories of Personal Information, as listed in the CCPA, we plan to collect, and have collected and disclosed within the preceding 12 months and to which categories of third parties Personal Information was disclosed for our operational business purposes:
Categories of Personal Information
Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes
Any information provided by the applicant via the Candidate Platform Provider throughout the application process, such as applicant contact information, related resume information (employment and education history, skills, languages), recommendations, categories of jobs you are interested in and opt in status for SMS and emails.
Candidate Platform Provider
Background information such as social security number, AKA names, educational institutions, address and prior employers (this data is only shared in some cases in the last stage of the recruitment process after an applicant has accepted a job offer from us).
Background Check Service Provider
Any information provided by the applicant through email correspondence.
E-mail delivery provider
We do not “sell” and have not “sold” Personal Information for purposes of the CCPA in the last 12 months. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.