STATLOCK PSI® Stabilization Device
Suture Complications incurred with using suture can include the following:
- Suture wound oozing and infection
- Increased occurrence of catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Possibility of Healthcare Provider needle stick and resulting infection
Standards of Practice Compliance
- CDC (2002 Guidelines) – "Sutureless securement devices can be advantageous over suture in preventing catheter-related blood stream infections (CRBSI's)"
- OSHA (2004 Fact Sheet) – "As part of their annual review of methods to reduce needle sticks, employers must review options for securing medical catheters and consider appropriate engineering and work practice controls"
- INS (2006 Guidelines) – "Whenever feasible, using a manufactured catheter stabilization device is preferred"
Benefits of using STATLOCK IAB Stabilization Device
- Eliminates suture-wound complications
- Increases patient comfort
- Provides proactive healthcare provider safety
- Reduces complications that may lead to catheter-related blood stream infections
STATLOCK IAB® Stabilization Device
Designed to securely attach both the sheath seal and "Y" suture pads of the Maquet Intra-Aortic Balloon Catheters to a patient's thigh when IAB therapy is indicated.