MEGA 7.5Fr. & 8Fr. IAB Catheters
Why are the new sizes better for my patient?
Adding the new 30cc and 40cc MEGA IAB, the benefits of a larger volume IAB are now also available for patients smaller than 5'4" (< 162cm).
Larger volume balloons like MEGA displace more blood in the aorta during diastole, resulting in improved augmentation and unloading. With these new sizing guidelines, a larger patient population can benefit from greater hemodynamic support than ever before. Thus, why not consider using a higher efficacy IAB as your FIRST choice when hemodynamic support is needed?
Greater hemodynamic support
Larger volume balloons like MEGA displace more blood in the aorta during diastole, resulting in improved augmentation and unloading.*
- More blood volume displacement
- More diastolic augmentation
- More systolic unloading
STATLOCK® IAB Stabilization Device
All MEGA IABs include two complete and ready-to-use STATLOCK® IAB Stabilization Devices for sutureless securement of IAB catheters, delivering safety and comfort to you and your patients.
- Eliminates suture-securement needle sticks and suture-wound complications
- Patient comfort and safety
- Quick and easy application and removal
Proprietary IAB Membrane
Maquet's patented blow-molded polyurethane material has been developed to withstand the constant abrasion of even the most calcified aortas.
- 43% more abrasion resistance
- Reduced insertion force
- Immediate inflation at start-up
Advanced IAB Design
Additional benefits include:
- No step-down due to unique balloon wrap
- Co-lumen design for optimal gas passage
- Large 0.027" inner lumen for a reliable pressure transducer signal
* Bench testing completed by Maquet. Data on file. Bench test results are not necessarily predictive of clinical results.
STATLOCK is a registered trademark of C. R. Bard, Inc.
CARDIOSAVE® IABP Hybrid
A giant leap forward in functionality and versatility.
LINEAR® 7.5Fr. IAB Catheter
Features an innovative membrane and a 7.5 Fr. size.
Sensation® 7Fr. IAB Catheter
The smallest IAB catheter, combined with innovative fiber-optic technology that automatically calibrates in vivo.
Sensation Plus® 7.5 Fr. & 8Fr. IAB Catheters
A technological first in improved hemodynamic support, easy-to-use IAB fiber-optic technology.