Easier to insert
The Linear IAB features an innovative membrane and a 7.5 Fr. size. This reduced size enables clinicians to deliver counterpulsation therapy to a broader range of patients, including those with smaller peripheral vasculature.
Bringing clarity to mechanical circulatory support
Recent debate regarding the IABP has centered on the discrepant results obtained from randomized, controlled trials (RCTs), versus the benefits observed by clinicians in decades of clinical practice.
This series of educational programs reviews the physiological principles behind current circulatory support therapies.
- Improved Sheath to Introducer Transition
- Hemostasis Valve
- Twist Lock Introducer Hub
- Universal Color Coding for Size
Potential For Reduced Complications*
All balloon and catheter materials meet FDA and ISO biocompatibility guidelines for devices and materials. LINEAR 7.5 Fr. IAB catheters and insertion kits do not contain latex.
* Bench testing completed by Maquet. Data on file. Bench test results are not necessarily predictive of clinical results.
Ideal for small adults, diabetics, and patients with PVD*
- Reduced catheter cross-section area by 12% vs. 8 Fr.
- Smaller catheter size has potential to increase distal limb flow
- Minimized size of arterial puncture
Proprietary IAB membrane provides better performance*
- Abrasion resistance improved by 43%
- Immediate inflation at start-up
- Improved fatigue resistance
Faster inflation cycle times
- Faster gas shuttle performance allows support of rapid heart rates and arrhythmias
- 19% faster cycle time in 80° bend test method when compared to competitor
T-Handle protector for balloon membrane
- Keeps the membrane tightly wrapped prior to insertion
- Helps to handle catheter prior to insertion
* Comparison of Outcomes After 8 vs. 9.5 French Size Intra-Aortic Balloon Counterpulsation Catheters Based on 9,332 Patients in the Prospective Benchmark® Registry. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 56:200-206 (2002).
Improve your knowledge with our eLearning and training courses
At Getinge Educational Institute, we have dedicated material for topics related to Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Procedures, Operating Room and Sterile Processing. We can support you with information about current technologies and best practices to boost your performance and productivity.
For more information about our onsite events or remote trainings, you can also contact your local sales & service representative.