Axius Coronary Shunt
The Axius Coronary Shunt is designed to create a nearly bloodless field and provide myocardial protection during target vessel anastomosis by maintaining distal perfusion. Its unique internal coil and tapered tips allow easy, atraumatic insertion into the artery. With 12 available sizes – ranging from 1.0 mm to 3.5 mm – the Axius Coronary Shunt is sized for precise occlusion of blood flow at the anastomotic site.
Beating Heart Surgery
Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) uses local stabilization of the heart that allows the surgeon to operate while the heart still beats. In contrast, conventional bypass surgery stops the heart and puts the patient on a heart-lung machine during the bypass procedure.
The potential benefits of beating heart surgery compared to on-pump surgery may include:
- Reduced incidence of a common irregular rhythm post-operatively (Afib)
- Fewer cognitive and neurological effects (for example, a stroke)
- Lower incidence of post-operative respiratory failure
- Faster recovery rates
- Shorter hospital stays
- Fewer wound complications
- Fewer blood transfusions needed
Todas las referencias
1. Puskas J, Martin J, Cheng D, et al. ISMICS Consensus Conference and Statements of Randomized Controlled Trials of Off-Pump versus Conventional Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. Innovations. 2015;10:219-229.