Axius Blower Mister
The Axius Blower Mister is one of Getinge's Beating Heart accessory products designed to help optimize operative conditions during coronary revascularization procedures.
- Maintain moisture: Blower/Mister helps prevent dessication of graft.
- Increase visibility: Blower/Mister gently displaces blood with a controlled flow of saline and CO2
Low profile, malleable shaft for improved access and maneuverability.
Precise, accurate flow pattern.
Convenient on-handle flow control.
Beating Heart Surgery
Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) uses local stabilization of the heart that allows the surgeon to operate while the heart still beats. In contrast, conventional bypass surgery stops the heart and puts the patient on a heart-lung machine during the bypass procedure.
The potential benefits of beating heart surgery compared to on-pump surgery may include:
- Reduced incidence of a common irregular rhythm post-operatively (Afib)
- Fewer cognitive and neurological effects (for example, a stroke)
- Lower incidence of post-operative respiratory failure
- Faster recovery rates
- Shorter hospital stays
- Fewer wound complications
- Fewer blood transfusions needed
Improve your knowledge with our eLearning and training courses
At Getinge Educational Institute, we have dedicated material for topics related to Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Procedures, Operating Room and Sterile Processing. We can support you with information about current technologies and best practices to boost your performance and productivity.
For more information about our onsite events or remote trainings, you can also contact your local sales & service representative.