Optimize your procedure
Axius Coronary Shunts from Getinge help optimize operative conditions by maintaining distal blood flow during coronary revascularization procedures.
- Reduces blood in the operative field by temporarily shunting blood away from an ateriotomy.
- Maintains distal blood flow through the arteriotomy during anastomosis, helping to minimize ischemia.
- Promotes a clear work area at the anastomotic site.
The Axius Shunts allow for smooth insertion into the vessel and adequate perfusion of blood through the shunt. The circular tab, attached by a thread to the shunt shaft, is easily grasped to remove the shunt. In addition, the tab clearly displays the shunts diameter size and its radiopaque, thereby easily located within the surgical site.
Beating Heart Surgery
Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) uses local stabilization of the heart that allows the surgeon to operate while the heart still beats. In contrast, conventional bypass surgery stops the heart and puts the patient on a heart-lung machine during the bypass procedure.
The potential benefits of beating heart surgery compared to on-pump surgery may include:
- Reduced incidence of a common irregular rhythm post-operatively (Afib)
- Fewer cognitive and neurological effects (for example, a stroke)
- Lower incidence of post-operative respiratory failure
- Faster recovery rates
- Shorter hospital stays
- Fewer wound complications
- Fewer blood transfusions needed
Improve your knowledge with our eLearning and training courses
At Getinge Educational Institute, we have dedicated material for topics related to Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Procedures, Operating Room and Sterile Processing. We can support you with information about current technologies and best practices to boost your performance and productivity.
For more information about our onsite events or remote trainings, you can also contact your local sales & service representative.