Introduction to IABC therapy: Essential training for healthcare professionals
This 1.5 hour web seminar is designed for healthcare professionals with a strong understanding of hemodynamics who will be directly responsible for the care of patients requiring IABP therapy. The program is comprised of 3 modular components consisting of theoretical, clinical, and technical considerations for a patient requiring IABP therapy.
- Identify three indications and three contraindications for IABC therapy
- Describe the two physiological effects achieved by the mechanics of inflation and deflation of the IAB as it relates to the cardiac cycle illustrated by an augmented arterial pressure
- Discuss the operation and troubleshooting of the IABP
The following modules are required pre-requisites and need to be completed prior to attending this training:
- Intra-aortic Balloon Counterpulsation Therapy: Theory Program eLearning
- IABP eLearning: Catheter Insertion Program
- CS 300 eLearning -or- Cardiosave Intra-aortic Balloon Pump eLearning*
*complete the IABP eLearning module that corresponds to the IABP model used at your hospital/facility.