Select region

Getinge acquires IT company

Getinge acquires IT company Getinge Industrier has acquired a 25% holding in the Danish company Lunatronic ApS, with an option to acquire the remaining 75% over the next 4 years. Lunatronic was founded in 1986 and this year will have sales of around DKK 15 million. The company has a total of 18 staff in Denmark, the UK and the US. Lunatronic is at the forefront of complete IT solutions for running sterilization centres in the health care sector. Their in-house developed software, sold under the brand name T-Doc, provides integrated systems for quality control, document handling, stock control, procedures, service and support etc. For the past two years Getinge has had a distribution agreement with Lunatronic for the Scandinavian and North American markets. In conjunction with the acquisition, Getinge will focus more strongly on its other markets. The acquisition will underpin Getinge's sales of complete infection control systems for optimised running costs within the health care sector. Rapid growth in IT-supported systems is expected in the coming year and Getinge forecasts a positive impact on profits from this acquisition with effect from 2000. Getinge Industrier Getinge is a medical-technical Group and a world leader in the fields of sterilization, disinfection, patient handling and hygiene systems. The Group has sales of SEK 4.3 billion and 3,700 employees. Johan Malmquist, President and CEO Getinge, 29 September 1999 For further information contact Harald Castler or Sven Kristensson on +46 (0) 35 155500 Visit Lunatronic's website at ------------------------------------------------------------ Please visit for further information The following files are available for download: