Interim report January - June 2012
Reporting period January – June
- Orders received rose by 15.7% to SEK 12,025 M (10,395), and grew organically by 4.7%
- Net sales increased by 12.7% to SEK 10,858 M (9,634), and grew organically by 1.3%
- Profit before tax rose by 5.1% to SEK 1,285 M (1,223)
- Net profit increased by 5.1% to SEK 951 M (905)
- Earnings per share increased by 5.3% to SEK 3.98 (3.78)
- EBITA before restructuring rose by 8.2% to SEK 1,873 M (1,731)
Reporting period April – June
- Orders received rose by 20.9% to SEK 6,230 M (5,153), and grew organically by 8.2%
- Profit before tax rose by 9.5% to SEK 716 M (654)
- EBITA before restructuring rose by 9.7% to SEK 1,019 M (929)
- Continued favourable earnings outlook for 2012
Second quarter 2012
Expectations of a significant improvement in earnings growth during the second half of the current year are based on strong orders received during the second quarter.
The Group’s orders received experienced a strong trend during the quarter and grew organically by a highly favourable 8.2%. Accordingly, the organic increase in orders received for the first six months of the year totalled 4.7%. Orders received for Medical Systems were particularly strong and grew organically by 15.7%. Infection Control’s orders received increased organically by slightly less than 1%, compared with strong orders received during the year-earlier period.
Extended Care’s organic orders received were slightly higher than in the year-earlier period.
Orders received remained very strong in the markets outside Western Europe and North America, which comprise a growing portion of the Group’s sales. During the first six months of the year, about one-third of orders received were generated in these markets. The volume trend in the markets in Western Europe continued to outperform expectations, while the trend for medical-technical capital goods in North America has been weak to date in 2012.
|Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander11 July 2012 at 10:00am CETSweden: +46 8 5352 6408 (always use the area code) UK: +44 207 784 1036|