Axius Blower Mister
Low profile, malleable shaft for improved access and maneuverability.
Precise, accurate flow pattern.
Convenient on-handle flow control.
Beating Heart Surgery
Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) uses local stabilization of the heart that allows the surgeon to operate while the heart still beats. In contrast, conventional bypass surgery stops the heart and puts the patient on a heart-lung machine during the bypass procedure.
The potential benefits of beating heart surgery compared to on-pump surgery may include:
- Reduced incidence of a common irregular rhythm post-operatively (Afib)
- Fewer cognitive and neurological effects (for example, a stroke)
- Lower incidence of post-operative respiratory failure
- Faster recovery rates
- Shorter hospital stays
- Fewer wound complications
- Fewer blood transfusions needed
Axius Coronary Shunt
The Axius Coronary Shunt is designed to create a nearly bloodless field and provide myocardial protection during target vessel anastomosis by minimizing ischemica and helping maintain distal perfusion. Its unique internal coil and tapered tip allow easy, atraumatic insertion into the artery.
1. Puskas J, Martin J, Cheng D, et al. ISMICS Consensus Conference and Statements of Randomized Controlled Trials of Off-Pump versus Conventional Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. Innovations. 2015;10:219-229.