The Acrobat-i Positioner provides the strength, flexibility, visibility, and the stability necessary in a variety of surgical situations.
The tissue conforming suction cup uses a gentle vacuum to securely lift and hold the heart, designed for apical or nonapical placement. Proprietary active suspension technology allows normal cardiac motion and maintains stable hemodynamics.
The low-profile arm is designed for increased strength, and innovative Flexlink™ technology features interlocking links that enable greater maneuverability.
Streamlined locking lever and integrated channels secure tubing and decrease workspace cluttering.
Beating Heart Surgery
Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) uses local stabilization of the heart that allows the surgeon to operate while the heart still beats. In contrast, conventional bypass surgery stops the heart and puts the patient on a heart-lung machine during the bypass procedure.
The potential benefits of beating heart surgery compared to on-pump surgery may include:
- Reduced incidence of a common irregular rhythm post-operatively (Afib)
- Fewer cognitive and neurological effects (for example, a stroke)
- Lower incidence of post-operative respiratory failure
- Faster recovery rates
- Shorter hospital stays
- Fewer wound complications
- Fewer blood transfusions needed
1. Puskas J, Martin J, Cheng D, et al. ISMICS Consensus Conference and Statements of Randomized Controlled Trials of Off-Pump versus Conventional Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. Innovations. 2015;10:219-229.